Sunday, August 24, 2014

Come, Follow Me

Today's message at Powerhouse Church was powerful.  We are hearing a series of messages on The Cross.  Ps. Stanley Scott from Faith Family Church in Houston shared a word with us today and I really received it.  What he had to share witnessed to me so personally and I received a fresh revelation about picking up MY cross that I would love to share with you.

Jesus told a rich young man that if he wanted to be His disciple, then he must take up the cross and follow Him [Mark 10:21].  The interesting point that Ps. Stanley made today was that Jesus said this BEFORE the crucifixion. I have only considered the Cross upon which Jesus was crucified and that is the cross that I understood.  He bore our sins, He suffered, He was obedient...the Cross...


But today, a fresh wind came and I got some rhema!
Ps. Stanley began to tell us about our own personal, daily cross that we must bear. The cross in Mark 10 [take up the cross] is NOT the cross in John 19 [the crucifixion of Jesus].  There is a cross for ME to bear.  My cross should be a drawing point for people to come unto Him.  He said some of us may have lost our parents when we were very small [that's me].  Some of us may have had an abortion and never told anyone.  Some of us may have been abused.  Some of us may have an addiction.  These are all drawing points for people to come unto Him. They are 'weaknesses'...
  • Where He be LIFTED UP, He will draw all peoples UNTO Him.[John 12:32]
  • Take UP the cross [Mark 10]
  • It is His GOODNESS that DRAWS men to repentance...[Romans 2:4]
What is my cross???  What does this mean??? What do I lack? 




This is what the Lord showed me today:
My cross is the area where I need the most graceGrace = power.  


 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." ~ 2 Cor 12:9

Boasting in infirmities? Weaknesses?  The world has never heard of such a thing!  Yes...this is my cross.  This is your cross...your WEAKNESSES!  

Let me show you:
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,  not of works, lest anyone should boast.~ Ephesians 2:8-9

As I take up MY cross, it is His grace making me strong in my weakness that draws people to Him for salvation. It is not ME they are drawn to...it is His goodness that draws people to repentance...His kindness.  

  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. ~ Romans 1:16
His kindness is grace.  His grace is power.  By grace we are saved.  The gospel is the power of God to salvation.  Grace = power. Weakness is made strong by grace. We are to boast of our weaknesses...this draws people to us drawing people to Him as His grace comes in THAT very moment.  He is such a miracle maker!  A wonder worker! 

Grace is needed most and understood best in the midst of sin, suffering, and brokenness. We live in a world of earning, deserving, and merit, which all result in judgment, so everyone wants and needs grace. Judgment kills. Only grace makes alive.

I have had so much happen to me in my life...on every level and at every stage of my life so far.  Taking up the cross daily is so much more clear to me now.  Each day we sin.  Each day we have weakness.  Each day we must be broken. So that grace abounds...

The power of God to salvation...for everyone who believes...no matter who you are!!!  
_________________________________________________

If you or someone that you know is not saved or wants to make Jesus Lord of their life, call on Him now!  You could say something like this:

Jesus, I am a sinner.  I know I have missed it on so many levels.  I have done wrong when I knew to do right. I can't do anything to right those wrongs. I need you to save me! I want to apply the payment that you paid on the cross, the blood that you shed for my sins right now. I believe that you are the Son of God who came to earth as a man, died for my sins, and rose from the dead. Cleanse me of all unrighteousness. I am willing and ready to make you Lord of my life today.  I no longer want to live for myself.  I am laying my life down right now, taking up the cross, and following you.  I commit to read your Word to learn who You are and what you promise me so that I can walk the path that you have tread for me. I ask you to fill me with Your Spirit right now so that I will have the Power to do your will.  In Jesus Name I pray. AMEN!

Congratulations!  You have just made the best decision of your life!!!  A great place to start in the Word of God is the book of John.  This Gospel reveals who Jesus is, His ministry and what He did for us.  If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!  Get plugged in to a Bible based, spirit filled church.  Stay connected! And remember, when you miss it, just call out to Him and admit your wrongs and He will lead you right! 


4 comments:

  1. So much truth here, His Word teaches itself through all the confirming passages. It builds on itself, confirming, confirming, confirming. I've been thinking on what my cross is this week...... Boasting in that infirmity/weakness to prove that He is the only answer or solution. If I make it plain that I'm crippled, you have to admit to the miraculous when you see me walking. Transparency, confession. Letting people see the infirmity because then when you recover, He gets the credit. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all like Thomas...we need to see the holes, touch the scars or we don't believe. That's why He left the Holy Spirit...so His Power can be SEEN through us, otherwise, no one would believe the story, just as some don't today because the Spirit has not rested on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What got me alert was when he talked about Peters initial reaction to Jesus, "Lord leave me, I'm unworthy"..... He had something in his personal life that disqualified him. He hesitated to accept the weight of dealing with it.

      Delete
    2. But it's not about out worthiness. We are so unworthy if it boils down who we are and what we have done!..... But God thinks we are worth saving. So he cannot lie and that means we are worth something..... Jesus doesn't ask us to be worthy, he just says "Come. Obey. Follow." I'll never be worthy. I can choose to obey.

      Delete