Saturday, February 2, 2013

That will preach! Git 'em Jesus!

We had a busy weekend at Jordan Ranch.  I was anticipating this event because it is the first time that I was able to facilitate the zip line as a certified lead.  We received the training a couple of months ago but have not had any guests request the exercise...until this weekend! Needless to say, I needed a little remedial training, but this old noggin' remembered with a refresher. Safety first...my most important nugget!  I got that one down! 

I really felt in my element in the "crow's nest" (here's a picture).  That's another name for the platform at the top of the pole that you jump from!  I found out that I am more calm than not.  I can hold my peace in stressful situations.
 I want to tell you about Michelle...

As Michelle climbed the pole, she got about half way up and stopped.  She was gripping the rungs for dear life, her knuckles visibly stressed. I encouraged her from up top to look at me and keep going, she was more than halfway up!  She relunctantly reached the pennacle of the pole and was just gripped with fear.  Michelle is a beautiful, blonde haired, young woman who under any other circumstances, probably maintains her composure.  Not in this moment...she was beyond terrified.  It is the grace of God that brought her to the top, because she was spent.  As she stepped onto the platform, she would not let go of the pole. I spoke to her with encouraging words, praised her for getting this far and asked her to look at me and listen to my voice.  She nodded profusely.  I told her that I needed her to round the pole and face me.  She said, tearfully and with panic, "I can't! I'm so scared!".  In that moment, what do you do?  Wit and intellect will not get you through this situation.  I thank God that the Spirit of the Lord was upon me...He took over!  I looked directly at her and I said, "For God did not give you a spirit of fear or timidity!  But one of POWER, love, and a sound mind! He gave you POWER!"  She laughed (nervously) and said, "Yes!"  


I reminded her that she is strapped to the pole and she cannot go anywhere.  She faced me!  I looked at her again and said, "The Spirit that is in you is GREATER than the spirit that is in this world! You have overcome so much to get to this point!  Don't stop now!"  I asked her how many children she had (as I am connecting the zip to her).  She told me 2 and their ages but I can't recall.  I said, "IMAGINE if your kids could SEE you right now!  They would be so proud of their mommy!"  She laughed again, a little less nervously.  "Now,"  I said, "I need you to let go.  I am going to need you to take a step forward.  God ALWAYS takes us forward...but in able to move forward, you have to LET GO!"  

Her knees were bent like she was going to sit since she got up here.  She began to straighten and stand up.  I tried to get her to hold my hand, she would not.  I reminded her that this is up to her, and that I will not force her to do anything.  She said, "I NEED to do this!"  I said, "Let go!  You have a lot to let go of...just let go!"  She did, amidst muffled cries.  She wanted to run off the platform and just go but I needed her to listen to my voice and wait for the commands.  She took one step forward, like a fawn learning to walk.  Then I said, "One more big step and you can go!"  She said, "OKAY!"...And then...

SHE DID IT!
SHE PUMPED HER FIST IN THE AIR AND CRIED OUT WITH TRIUMPH!  MICHELLE CONQUERED THE FEAR THAT GRIPPED HER...


The rest of the weekend was hers to enjoy.  She received peace that surpasses all understanding this weekend.  I was told, later, that she had a lot of struggles in her life right now and that moment was crucial to her breakthrough.

GOD WILL USE ANYTHING TO TEACH US AND SPEAK TO US IN A LANGUAGE THAT WE UNDERSTAND!  He draws us near to Him in so many ways!

I am so grateful for my salvation, my job, and the Power of the Holy Spirit.  I was able to speak with Michelle more than once over the course of the weekend.  I spoke to her at one point about how many of us give up before the miracle happens.  I reminded her to NEVER QUIT! 

I said, "Suppose I wanted to dig a well in my backyard to supply water to my family.  The guys come to dig the well and they hit rock.  They want to stop and move to another spot to dig, costing me,of course.  I refuse to stop...tell them to keep digging.  They BREAK THROUGH the rock and 2 inches underneath is a spring of water!"  

She's got that...

2 comments:

  1. There is power in the name of Jesus <3 this! In Him we can overcome it ALL!

    ReplyDelete