Friday, September 28, 2012

Campaign 4 Life: STep out of ThE ThicKeT

Mark 4:18-19 ~ 18 The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God’s word, 19 but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. 
 
I'm looking at this passage and God gave me a revelation about it that I wanted to share.  




I have joined a #Campaign4Life on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Campaign4Life/) and my testimony about the abortion that I had welled up inside of me and I had to share.  I will share it here as well:
I was born in August 1973 to a 16 year old mother who had the option and definitely considered having an abortion. She met my father in a prison while visiting HER father in prison. My father was 19 and she was 15 when got pregnant. Thank God that my grandfather stood up for Truth and said "NO" you will not!#I'mAlive#chooseLIfe

 On September 8, 2001 I did the unspeakable. I committed murder with #complete selfishness and lack of regard for any consequences, only that I didn't want any more responsibility nor did I want to admit the consequences of my depraved lifestyle. They stuck me 4 times to start an IV. They did an ultrasound before the procedure and I saw a heartbeat...that's actually the only recognizable trait on the screen. I listened to the voice of others who were just as double minded as me. I had no voice of morality in my life at the time, no righteousness, no Love surrounding me. I was a drug addict and I didn't know who the father of this baby was. There were numerous possibilities and I wasn't sure if I could find any of them. The experience was horrible and unforgettable...I ended up in the hospital in Tuscaloosa, Alabama because there was an accident during the procedure. What was so sad is that the waiting room was standing room only and people were in there as if they were waiting for a seat at a restaurant, no silence, the room was filled with laughter and the sounds of careless chatter. Careless chatter...to muffle the voice of God that would whisper in the silence and remind us that this was wrong and that we were snuffing out a Light in the darkness...that we were beholding a treasure, a mystery of God. I accept responsibility for this sin, knowing that I alone made the final choice. No one told me...no one tried to stop me...no one, not even my father. He was with me...

My baby's due date was February 25, 2002. He/She would be 10 years old.
 The Scripture says the seed that fell among the thorns...
Thorns act as a form of protection on a plant. Usually, plants with thorns grow in a thicket or a group.  So here the Scripture tells us that the word of God is crowded out by the worldly things...we look to our "thicket" for the answers or we can't get out of the thicket.  There is a way out, but it is painful...with every turn and movement you get pricked and scratched and scarred. Thorns are defensive and I have found that many who have had an abortion or are pro-choice are quite defensive.  There is a justification for the sake of self preservation.  Denial is akin to rebellion and denial will never change the truth. The Scripture says no fruit is produced...the fruit is always present in the seed.

This gives much understanding to why there are many who make a decision for Christ (say a prayer, answer the altar call, etc) but fall away.  When temptation, trouble, or tribulation comes, they run to the thicket for answers. It's the thicket and the thorns.  Satan is crouching and waiting in the dark corners and alleyways to pounce.  He is attacking the fruit, the testimony, the ministry.  See, I hear so many say "what about babies born to those who were raped or products of incest or abuse?" (which by the way is Rape: 0.3% Incest: 0.03%)...THINK OF THE TESTIMONY!!!  We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.  If we give in to the "worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things", then he wins.  God's transcendent glory will take what the devil meant for evil and turn it around for good.  In Genesis 50:20 it says, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people."  OVERCOME!  Don't just survive, but overcome.  Look at a rose...it's beautiful and aromatic, perfect and delicate...among the thorns.  The rose is an overcomer and transcendent.
 

Genesis 9:5 – “Murder is forbidden.”
Jeremiah 1:5 – “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.”
1 Corinthians 6:12-13 – “You may say ‘I am allowed to do anything.’ But I reply, ‘Not everything is good for you.’ And even though ‘I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything…But our bodies were not made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies.”

No discussion about abortion would be complete without discussing forgiveness. There is no sin that God cannot forgive. Whether you have had an abortion or know someone struggling with the possibility of having an abortion, there is room for forgiveness. The Bible is clear that God will forgive sin, and He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for that sin.

1 John 1-9 – “If we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.”

Isaiah 1:18 – “No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as sand.” 



Thank You, Jesus, for redemption. I will speak up. I will shout it out. I will try to stop you. Here is a song that my brother wrote and performs. This is our Pro-Life mantra. 




I am gathering a group to pray outside of a local clinic to save babies. 
"Seventy-six percent of Planned Parenthood clinics are built in minority neighborhoods," Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate. #genocidefoeticide#ChooseLife#Campaign4Life#Houston 
Houston has the largest abortion clinic in the US. Who wants to rally in front of Planned Parenthood Houston and pray for these babies and mothers? Let me know...

I will begin a fast to seek the words and wisdom from the Lord.  Please join me in prayer and fasting to save these babies...they have only our voice.  WE are their advocates because the Spirit is ours. AMEN
 


2 comments:

  1. As always... You nailed it! Jesus took the shame. Just accept our blame, call His name, be forgiven. Amen for grace. I too have something to share... Just can't find the appropriateness of doing so. Luv ya sis. I'll stand with ya!

    ReplyDelete